Friday, October 17, 2008

Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist

Anybody else catch Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist?  I've been trying to put my finger on what's going on with that movie, but then I realized: there's not much there to put my finger on.  It's a wisp of a movie, a 90 minute, race-the-dawn, carpe noctem romp through Manhattan Disney, er, New York City.  In that sense, it's the pacing and structure of Superbad (sex, booze, all-night-madness, and the end of high school) meets the Gotham-worship of Sex and the City, with a dash of the "too-cool-for-school" of Juno thrown in.  The whole package, while not necessarily a "deep thoughts" movie, was very enjoyable.

Music was very good, too--I wouldn't mind listening to a playlist in that vein.

Also, at Regal, they sold "popcorn flavor shakers," such as cheese and kettle corn, for $1.50.  That's a new one for me.

No comments: