Friday, October 31, 2008

Back on Nov. 5

In true campaign fashion, I'll be suspending my blog until after Election Day.  Too much work to do to be sitting in front of my laptop.  

That goes for you all, too.  Please, please, please get out there and vote, and better yet, help your neighbors and even strangers vote.  The democratic process centers around voting, but voting really represents the final product of community engagement and of civic concern; it's important that we demonstrate all of these aspects.  

I know this election means a lot to most of my small readership.  Let it be known how much you value the outcome of this election not simply by voting, but by donating time and treasure to the candidate and/or cause in which you believe.  Let your voice be heard not just through casting your vote, but through standing up and working for the change you seek.  It is at once a simple and a challenging act, publicly voicing your support, but you won't regret it.  

If you're having trouble giving that last $10, making those phone calls, or knocking on those doors, I commend to you this video: 







Yes, we can.

No comments: