Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Late Night Thought

At some point in college, I realized that the D-I football stars that I had grown up watching on TV were my age.  This past year, I've realized that I'm older than them. 

I've also realized that this is the year when political candidates just aren't that much older than me--they're older, but barely 1 generation away, as opposed to 1.5 generations away (Cheney, H.W. Bush, Dole, McCain). Certainly, the youth of Obama (and Palin, I guess) brings that into focus, and while I'm closer to my high school days than to age 47, it's head-spinning to think that only 25 years ago--1983, when my brother turned 2--Barack Obama was my age.  

To have accomplished so much both professionally and personally in a quarter-century is truly incredible (and maybe that's partially why I don't view Palin in the same light).  

Anyway, just a stray thought passing through my gray matter while reading about venue and forum selection.

No comments: