Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Lifestyle

It's a strange blend of a monastic existence of focusing on texts for a good period of time, living in an "apartment-style dorm" (got my own bedroom, share the common space/kitchen/bathroom) on the law center campus near my classes/the gym. Mix that with a young adult life in DC (new restaurants, meeting with friends, sporting events, etc.), and you have a fair approximation. On Saturdays, I'm hoping to get out to Northern Virginia to do some canvassing for Barack (more on the first outing later).  Living in "downtown" as opposed to Georgetown definitely has its benefits, too: I'm 4 minutes from the Judiciary Sq. metro, 8 minutes from Chinatown, 5 minutes from Union Station, and 15 minutes from Eastern Market (all times walking), plus, my arteries have cleared up due to the distance between me and Philly Pizza (although it did just get a few blocks closer: http://www.thehoya.com/node/16225) .  

No comments: