Tuesday, January 20, 2009

We've been waiting for this hour/history is ours


Setting up a blog seemed like an ideal fit for me: with an appetite for politics, social justice, sports, music, Washington, DC, and pop culture--and an opinion on most of these things--a blog was, and is, an ideal vehicle to hone my writing (conciseness has not necessarily been one of my strong suits) and to share some thoughts on my interests outside of law school.

But today, after experiencing Inauguration Weekend, I am momentarily speechless. The historical significance sets in, every now and then, and this evening is one of those moments. I'll try to reflect and string together some complete sentences in the next few days, but for now, I'll leave you with some photos.

Above: a view from our spot on the Mall.

No comments: